Planned Parenthood: It's Not What You Think
What is Planned Parenthood?
The Planned Parenthood Federation of America states as one of its core beliefs: "Every child deserves to be wanted, loved, and cared for."  Perhaps we should add "unless the child is one of the 255,015 killed before birth in Planned Parenthood affiliated abortion clinics each year." 
Planned Parenthood cultivates the image of an organization that has a "committed, professional staff...caring physicians...tak[ing] time to talk with clients, encouraging them to ask questions and discuss their feelings in a confidential setting. They "...offer innovative programs on making responsible choices about health and sexuality."  Planned Parenthood sounds like every parent’s dream! Someone else to tackle the tough job of talking to their kids about sex.
But lets take a closer look at this organization and what it really promotes:
It’s all about Abortion
First and foremost, Planned Parenthood is about aborting children. Even though the abortion rate in the U.S. is declining slightly (yet still over one million abortions a year), Planned Parenthood’s 122 affiliates that manage more than 850 health centers have been increasing their number of abortions every year. In fact, they are now the largest abortion provider in the country. In the same period that this quarter of a million abortions were performed, only 1,414 adoption referrals were made - less than 6 for every 1,000 abortions. Over one in four pregnancy tests given ended in abortion.  This is not about offering choice, it is simply about promoting abortion.
It’s all about Money
Planned Parenthood is about money. Lots of money. Your money. As a not-for-profit corporation, income for the national office and affiliates totaled $810 million dollars for the year ending June 30, 2004.  One third of this amount came from you, the taxpayer. Another third came from clinic activities, and one fourth came from private donors. The least expensive abortions listed by Planned Parenthood cost $350 to $700.  Using the average of these rates and the number of abortions performed, income from abortions in one year alone could have been as high as $128,000,000.
It’s all about Sex
Planned Parenthood teaches teens the "art and science" of premarital sex. Every parent should visit www.teenwire.com. It is a large segment of the Planned Parenthood website available directly at that address and also from the home page www.plannedparenthood.org. Your teen can take educational quizzes such as: "Test Your Sex Savvy"; "Penis Pop Quiz"; the "Clitoris Quiz"; or "You Want to Put WHAT, WHERE?"  You can see "informative" videos showing how to put on a condom,  or play interactive games like: "Hooray for Birth Control!"; "Jim Dandy and His Very Gay Day"; "How Many of You Out There Are Abstinent?" 
Or, your teen can read any of the 500 articles, many dealing directly with sexual issues in the rawest of terms. Here is an excerpt from "Be Prepared for Prom!": "Of course, there’s more to safer sex than just using condoms and keeping ECPs [emergency contraceptives] on hand. A lot of teens choose to skip intercourse and practice outercourse instead, which can include kissing, body rubbing (dry humping), and mutual masturbation." 
Maybe your teen would enjoy the article: Choosing the Right Condom which states: "If you’re down with the latest fashions, plain-Jane condoms might not be your thing. Lucky for you, condoms come in many different colors, flavors, and textures...add a new look to spice things up...Flavored condoms — like chocolate, strawberry, honeydew, or banana — may be preferred for oral sex." 
Many other articles are offered: Guys Who Sleep with Guys: Things to know About Safer Sex, I Want My Gay TV, the ABCDs of LGBT Dating [Lesbian, Gay, Bixsexual, Transgender], Gay Couples Say "I Do", Got Lube?, Slut, Just Another Four Letter Word?...the offerings go on and on. 
It’s all about Politics
Planned Parenthood actively lobbies for abortion rights. It rigorously pursues its own interests of making abortion legal at all stages and profitable for its affiliated clinics.
Most recently, Planned Parenthood has hired Cecile Richards (daughter of Ann Richards, former governor of Texas) as president of the organization. Her experience is not in health care at all, but in political action. Her previous work was as a union organizer, as the founder of "Texas Freedom Network" (formed to battle pro-life groups in Texas), as director of pro-choice projects for the Turner Foundation, and as founder and president of America Votes, a coalition of 32 of the biggest and richest unions and liberal interest groups in the country. 
Jim Sedlak, executive director of American Life League’s STOPP International sums it up accurately, "The appointment of Cecile Richards as president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America confirms that the organization’s focus is not on health care, but rather on political advocacy." 
It’s all about Not Telling Your Parents
Planned Parenthood actively opposes every parental consent law now in effect and works diligently to prevent new laws from passing. This even includes the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in 2005. The law would prohibit transporting minors to other states to circumvent parental notification laws, allowing minors to get abortions without notifying their parents. Unbelievably, Planned Parenthood labels this Act a "Dangerous family restriction" and even a "Federal intrusion in family decision making."  One wonders why Planned Parenthood is so afraid of letting parents find out what their children are doing.
It’s all about Deception
All 50 states have laws prohibiting sex with underage girls. All 50 states require health care professionals and institutions to report suspected child abuse of this type. In a remarkable exposé, Mark Crutcher of Life Dynamics, Inc. enlisted the help of a young girl to call over 800 Planned Parenthood affiliate clinics and National Abortion Federation facilities in the U.S.
The girl posed as a 13 year old involved in illegal sexual activity with a 22 year old adult male who had gotten her pregnant. Crutcher reported that "In case after case, Planned Parenthood counselors willingly ignored state law to cover up these molestations and violations of statutory rape laws!"  "The results of this survey were appalling. Even though many of these clinic workers openly acknowledged to our caller that this situation was illegal and that they were required to report it to the state, the overwhelming majority readily agreed to conceal this illegal sexual activity. Some employees of these organizations even coached our caller on how to avoid detection, how to circumvent parental involvement laws and what to say or not say when she came to the clinic. In a significant number of instances she was encouraged to lie about - or conceal - her age or her boyfriend’s age or to give false names." 
As unbelievable as all this sounds, you can listen to the actual conversations yourself at: www.childpredators.com/Tapes.cfm. What you hear will astound you.
It isn’t that Planned Parenthood is hiding their objectives. It is that we, as parents, are not paying attention to what Planned Parenthood really stands for.
"Every year, nearly 25,000 affiliate volunteers and staff provide sexual and reproductive health care, education, and information to nearly five million women, men, and teens in the United States." 
Perhaps Planned Parenthood is not what you thought it was. Perhaps it is not where you want your child to learn about sex...
What can I do?
1. Let your legislators know that you want them to cut off the quarter billion dollars given to Planned Parenthood every year. Sign the petition at: www.StopPlannedParenthoodTaxFunding.com and sign up for email alerts to keep informed about new developments.
2. Learn more at www.Stopp.org. Subscribe to Jim Sedlak’s free weekly Wednesday STOPP Report. Know what is happening, and donate to keep this important work going. For excellent ideas on how you can help, see Jim’s Plan for defeating Planned Parenthood.
3. Listen to the tapes at http://www.childpredators.com/Tapes.cfm. Help put a stop to what is going on. Donate to keep the fight going. Visit Life Dynamics, Inc. at www.lifedynamics.com and learn more about many aspects of the pro-life movement.
4. Write letters to the editor, distribute literature, become active in your local Right to Life group. It takes active people who care to make a difference.
1. Life Dynamics Incorporated P.O. Box 2226, Denton, TX 76202 (940) 380-8800, http://www.lifedynamics.com, Mark Crutcher, President. Donations: https://www.lifedynamics.com/Anti-Abortion_Prolife/DonateOnline/
2. STOPP International P.O. Box 1350, Stafford, VA 22555 (540) 659-4171, www.all.org/stopp/, Jim Sedlak, Executive Director. STOPP is a project of American Life League, Inc. www.all.org. Donations: http://www.all.org/stopp/support.htm
3. "Planned Parenthood" and its logo are registered service marks of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. "PPFA," "teenwire," "teenwire.com" and "Vox" are also registered service marks belonging to PPFA.
4. ©2006 Heritage House ‘76, Inc. and its licensors. All rights reserved. 919 S. Main St. Snowflake, AZ 85937; 1-800-858-3040 item no. 917PP
- Value Statements (of Planned Parenthood) found at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/aboutus/we-believe.xml accessed 01-26-06.
- Planned Parenthood Services, 2004, found at: http://www.plannedparenthood.com/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/birthcontrol/fact-pp-services-2003.xml, accessed 02-07-06.
- This is Planned Parenthood found at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/aboutus/this-is-planned-parenthood.xml, accessed 2-6-06.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America Annual Report for 2003-2004, found at: http://www.plannedparenthoodrx.com/annualreport/report-04.pdf, accessed 2-1-06.
- Your Abortion Options in the First Trimester Questions and Answers, found at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/abortion/pub-abortion-first-trimester.xml accessed 2-2-05.
- Quizzes, found at: http://www.teenwire.com/interactive/do-archive-quizzes.php, accessed 2-6-06. Note: content on this page is archived and may change.
- Movies and Animations, found at: http://www.teenwire.com/interactive/do-archive-movies.php, accessed 2-6-06. Note: content on this page is archived and may change.
- Games, found at: http://www.teenwire.com/interactive/do-archive-games.php, accessed 2-6-06. Note: content on this page is archived and may change.
- Elisa, K., Be Prepared for Prom!, found at: http://www.teenwire.com/infocus/2004/if-20040504p286-prom.php, (copyright © 1999 - 2006 Planned Parenthood® Federation of America), accessed 2-1-06.
- Brownlee, C, Choosing the Right Condom, found at: http://www.teenwire.com/infocus/2003/if-20030521p179-condom.php (copyright © 1999 - 2006 Planned Parenthood® Federation of America), accessed 2-1-06.
- In Focus Archives, found at: http://www.teenwire.com/infocus/, accessed 2-6-06.
- Cecile Richards, Incoming President, Planned Parenthood Federation of America found at http://www.plannedparenthood.com/pp2/portal/files/portal/aboutus/bio-cecile-richards.xml, accessed 2-6-06.
- Sedlak, J., Stopp Report, January 11, 2006, found at: http://www.all.org/stopp/wsr060111.htm, accessed 2-6-06.
- Libit, E., House Passes Dangerous Family Restriction Act, Unconstitutional Law Is Federal Intrusion in Family Decision Making, found at http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/media/pressreleases/pr-050427-ciana.xml, accessed 2-6-06. See also: www.teenwire.com/infocus/2006/if-20060120p409-consent.php
- Crutcher, M., Child Predators found at: www.childpredators.com/ReadReport.cfm, accessed 2-2-06.
- Listen to the Tapes, found at: http://www.childpredators.com/Tapes.cfm, accessed 2-6-06.